Tuesday, September 9, 2014

So long summer.

Well this remainder of the summer was packed with work, travel and some fun! Quick rundown:

Went to Taylor Zollinger's wedding in Utah. Had a blast.
Worked, moved our office to a bigger location in Rexburg
Went to San Francisco with Jess. Saw my buddies and my brother and his family.
Went to Tyson's wedding, also a blast
Went to LA and saw Hannah (best day of my life) and my friends
Getting things ready for work to get crazy with all the college kids coming back.
PICS at the bottom

Had the chance to go to SF with Jess. We spent time with our friends Graham and Miles. Did all the fun San Fran stuff. My favorite part was the Muir Woods Redwood Forest. Very pretty and cool, anyone who goes there needs to check it out. We also got to spend a day or so with my Brother and his kids. It was so fun to see them and be with them. The kids are growing up, it is crazy. But it was a fun quick trip, I wish Hannah could have been there to enjoy it with me.

The weddings I attended were great. It is always so fun to see your friends moving forward in life and finding that person that will make them happy forever. it is also nice to see that and feel that. Taylor and Tyson both got married in the SLC Temple, which is beautiful and was really fun. Tyson's wedding weekend was mixed with some work down in Provo and seeing some old friends. It also included a trip to the ER. I had woken up one day with this weird sharp pain in my right lung. I thought it would go away but it didn't, so a few days later I went to the Urgent Care in Provo. They ran a EKG test and a chest xray and couldn't determine if it was just inflammation or a blood clot. Being doctors, they always have to assume the worst, so they had me go to the ER. Needless to say, i was freaking out. I didnt really want to tell Hannah or my parents because I didn't want to jump the gun, but it was freaking me out so I had to. After an afternoon spent in the ER and more tests they ruled out blood clots which was great. They diagnosed me with Pleurisy, which in inflammation of the lungs and fluid in the lung. It would go away within a week along with some pain meds. So i was able to recover and am doing fine now, but it was a random quick scare for a little bit there.

I just got back from a weekend in LA to see Hannah. She flew out a day or two before from home. Her and Chandler helped her sister in law and her kids make the trek back to Utah. They deserve best aunt awards for sure. Then they made their way to California and hung out with all the friends. That day before I got there was for sure the longest day of my life. haha. I just wanted to see her! I had wondered how it would go since I hadnt seen her for a month, so I was hoping it would go good and really did. I have never been that excited to see someone, maybe when i came home from my mission but that is different. I missed Hannah so much and realized how much I need her in my life this past month, so I was very glad that was about to end. I flew out friday at lunch, got there, got a rental car and headed down to meet her and the gang at Huntington Beach. We went to a wedding reception that evening and then we all went down to Downtown Disney. Skyler and his family were at disneyland that week and we met up with him. He hooked it up and got us free passes so we were able to go in at the end of the day for like an hour. Hannah had never been to Disneyland, or California for that matter, so I am really glad we got to do that. It was so nice to just spend some time with her before all the hecticness of school started. Saturday we all went into LA to another wedding, then we went to Santa Monica to the pier and beach. The weather was great and the beach was way fun. Sunday we went to church with the Holmes family. They freaking rock. It was really fun. The whole weekend was great. Tanner and I flew back to Idaho on Monday and had to leave Chandler and Hannah, which sucked, but its only for a few more days.

It was a good way to end summer. Had fun with friends, family and got to see my beautiful girlfriend. This break helped me better appreciate the relationships I have, especially with Hannah, but its all been good and I very thankful for the fun I had. I am excited for this fall and excited to keep dating Hannah and having fun with her. I don't think you guys understand how amazing she is. I have never been happier than I am now and she has a lot to do with it. I am very lucky and blessed.

Life is good, no complaints, just happy and appreciative of the things in my life right now. The future is going to be great.

Curt


fanny pack and animals shirts


first time at disneyland
such a cutie

biking through SF

dat bridge doe

LA Temple

my girlfriend rocks.

sparklers at a wedding #cliche

Santa Monica

Huntington Beach Pier

TZ wedding

Sutro Baths in SF

Muir Woods

TZ Wedding

TZ Wedding

Had to do it

The kiddos

Coolest part of the SF trip

No comments:

Post a Comment