Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Life Lately

Hey friends.

well last time I blogged was in february i think, so my bad but you can keep up with me on facebook  if you really want to know what I am up to.but i just wanted to talk about something that I have been studying lately on my own. certain events in my personal life and family life and made me ponder this idea a lot over the last few months.

Am i seeking humilty or being compelled to be humble? Instantly i think of Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon. This whole chapter focuses on faith and our ability to exercise it. A major part of truly exercising faith is to see where we are in our lives. We are natural and we make mistakes and we often are compelled to be humble, but wouldnt it be great to live your life seeking humility always or at least a lot of the time?

I can count numerous times where i hit a road block in my life and finally was humbled through it. I am thankful for those moments but it sure would be nice to constantly be humble or looking for chances to be. In this life, we are learning, growing and trying to become like our Heavenly Father. I think being able to do that is a huge step forward in becoming more like Him. I am not better than anyone else, and I have way too much to work on, but I think that I can be better about seeking humility in my life.

I am not preaching, but just asking, are you seeking humility or being compelled to be humble?

Read it: (click it)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Curtis! I used it for my scripture study this morning! Good food for thought!

    ReplyDelete