Monday, July 30, 2012

My Choice

Today I experienced a situation on a social medium where someone(who wasn't having a good day, obviously) decided to ridicule the idea of religion and how "stupid" it is. It was interesting to see the original attack by this person and then to see the replies. Some were just as bad as the original comment. They were putting the person down for his comment. All I could think as I read this persons original comment was "how sad." I commented on the medium and said, "Thats a bummer. I feel sad that you feel that way."

Honestly, I do.

I cannot imagine a life without religion. Yes I was born and raised as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or what you may call a Mormon. But yes, I have been this way my whole life, and I am so thankful for it. Being raised in it was essential in who I am today, but I still found out on my own that this Church was true.

Sometimes I have these thoughts about the Church and what I would be doing if I didnt believe or knew, and  all it ends up doing is giving me a headache or making me feel uneasy. Needless to say, I am nothing without the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It has defined me as a person and helped me grow in many ways.

So back to this person earlier. I hope that they get the chance to really feel Gods love. I hope they come to understand their worth and see how amazing life really is. It is sad to thing that people do not have a relationship with God, not a pitiful sad, but truly a lowly sadness comes to me when I think of that.

The Gospel brings truth, it brings light and it brings eternal happiness. Enjoy your life, make it count and live for a purpose.

I made a personal choice, me, myself and I am forever thankful for that choice. I have found purpose.

If you want to know more about me, or my religion, here you go: http://mormon.org/me/3XB7/Curtis

Much love,

Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment